Any social group will need some leadership support and mentoring to reach a maturity level
Social development in any setting will include working with groups of people from communities. This can be for any purpose, but the approach will require the community to organize themselves as a body. The process of helping communities to reach a consensus and establish a forum to full operationalization of the forum is very critical.
We come up with this course to address the “research-based” needs of development workers and managers. This comprehensive training workshop will ensure the participants gain a change in their performance and not only some useful information.
- As an open course, this program is offered in specific destinations. However, as an in-house training it can be offered at any part of the globe.
- This Program can be integrated with any other program in the same category and for a 10 days course, client will get benefit of two days discount paying only for eight days.
- Accord Worldwide can offer this training in other languages than English, please contact us for your needs.
This training will help you to learn:
- Understand the principles of development
- Definition of a community forum and CBO
- Types community forums and their characteristics
- Challenges for a community forum to function
- Sustainability and maintaining operation of a community forum
- The concept of volunteerism and common interest at community level
- Supports required for a community forum to perform public services as a CBO
- Community development in urban settings
What Participants Receive?
- A DVD with all the training material and extra-curricular learning material
- Workshop handouts
- 12 months FREE advice and support for any relevant questions and queries
- Free membership to get free learning material
This course is not useful, but necessary for any level of NGO management, team leaders, NGO directors, CEOs, business owners, and project manager. It also helps Consultants, and freelancers.
Training fee includes the course certificate, training materials, lunch and refreshments one social program at the end of the training and tuition fee.
Not included in the fee are: Visa Costs, Airfare cost, Accommodation, Travel Insurance, Dinner and any personal expense of the participant.
Please note that for groups, different destinations and in-house training we offer significant discount and we encourage you to contact us for a quotation.
|• Introduction to community development principles||00:00:00|
|• What is a community forum||00:00:00|
|• Who should have a stake||00:00:00|
|• Why communities need representation by a forum||00:00:00|
|• The global village and my village||00:00:00|
|• Types of community forums||00:00:00|
|• Community mobilization for establishing a forum||00:00:00|
|• Define Common problems and common interest||00:00:00|
|• Community leadership, roles and responsibilities||00:00:00|
|Leadership election and forum establishment||00:00:00|
|Registration with authorities and operational mechanisms||00:00:00|
|• Training community leadership||00:00:00|
|• Training and awareness at community in general||00:00:00|
|• Participatory Appraisals and planning||00:00:00|
|• Executive role of community forums||00:00:00|
|• Managing community forums to stick on its mandate||00:00:00|
|• Development of development plans||00:00:00|
|• Fundraising for community development||00:00:00|
|• Conflict management at community level||00:00:00|
|• Gender and minority inclusion||00:00:00|
|• Project management and community based procurement||00:00:00|
|• Participatory monitoring||00:00:00|
|• Grand scale contribution||00:00:00|