If you know, but cannot communicate yet you don’t know!
In relief and development work majority of communication is in writing. There are stakeholders, donors, employees and partners to whom you need to select the write tone in writing and the right approach. A manager is required to be a professional communicator when it comes to relief and development.
We come up with this course to address the “research-based” needs of development workers and managers to further help their business writing skills. This comprehensive training workshop will ensure the participants gain a change in their performance and not only some useful information.
- As an open course, this program is offered in specific destinations. However, as an in-house training it can be offered at any part of the globe.
- This Program can be integrated with any other program in the same category and for a 10 days course, client will get benefit of two days discount paying only for eight days.
- Accord Worldwide can offer this training in other languages than English, please contact us for your needs.
This training will help you to learn:
- Fundamentals of writing
- Consider the data needed for business communication
- Identify ways to improve your current practices in writing
- The 7 C’s in business writing
- Using graphics properly to support your point
- Coherent writing
- Tone in business communication
- The You approach and proper persuasive approaches
What Participants Receive?
- A DVD with all the training material and extra-curricular learning material
- Workshop handouts
- 12 months FREE advice and support for any relevant questions and queries
- Free membership to get free learning material
This course is not useful, but necessary for any level of management, team leaders, NGO directors, CEOs, business owners, and project manager. It also helps Consultants, and freelancers.
Training fee includes the course certificate, training materials, lunch and refreshments one social program at the end of the training and tuition fee.
Not included in the fee are: Visa Costs, Airfare cost, Accommodation, Travel Insurance, Dinner and any personal expense of the participant.
Please note that for groups, different destinations and in-house training we offer significant discount and we encourage you to contact us for a quotation.
|• Difference between common types of business communication||00:00:00|
|• Principles of business writing||00:00:00|
|• Grammatical errors that we always make||00:00:00|
|• Review of business writing principles||00:00:00|
|• Formal writing ethics||00:00:00|
|• The 7 C’s in writing||00:00:00|
|• Types of writing and tone in writing||00:00:00|
|• The “YOU” approach in practice||00:00:00|
|• Practice on paragraph writing||00:00:00|
|• Paramedics writing (Practice to concise writing)||00:00:00|
|• The killing jargons||00:00:00|
|• Components of a proposal||00:00:00|
|• Give me a reason to read!||00:00:00|
|• What to put first and why?||00:00:00|
|• The art of proof reading||00:00:00|
|• Email reporting hints and ethics||00:00:00|
|• What is the point?||00:00:00|
|• Take the reader to a show||00:00:00|
|• How long is long enough in writing||00:00:00|